- Jura Error 8 | Jura Brew Group Not Working | How to Fix Jura ERROR 8
Jura Error 8
Jura Brew Group Fails to Initialize
This is the most common error in Jura espresso machines. 80% of the Jura machines encounter this error as brew group is the central component in each Jura machine.
The Brew Group is experiencing difficulties moving due to worn, swollen or broken Piston Gaskets. Replace Piston gaskets and lubricate Brew Group, or replace the Brew Group. The Encoder (sits on the Gear Motor) is defective. The Power Board informs the Encoder the brew process has begun, which in turn, dictates the positioning of the Brew Group, via the Gear Motor. Check Encoder Cable or replace Encoder. If the Brew Group Gear Motor does not move (machine is clicking instead), then the transformer or PCB is defective and needs to be replaced (the transformer increases or decreases the voltage of an alternating current). The Gear Motor is defective. You will hear a low buzzing noise emitted from motor. The Gear Motor needs to be replaced.
CLICK HERE to download the Jura brew group illustrated rebuild and repair guide.
Common Jura Brew Group Errors
Does your Jura coffee maker grinds coffee beans, drops it in the brew group, compresses it and dumps it in the waste tray dry and no water dispenses from the dual coffee dispensing faucet?
You can hear the burbling sound, but nothing comes out. And, when you look in the drip tray, there is plain hot water and dry coffee grounds in the waste coffee container while the coffee dispensing spouts remain clear.
In Jura One Touch coffee makers, the cappuccino spout is working fine with water and steam.
If you are experiencing the above issue, you will need to either rebuild the brew group using the Jura brew group tune up kit OR replace the complete brew group.
Jura Brew Group Repair Video Tutorials
JURA Espresso Machine Repair and Service
At Services Unlimited Inc./Parts Guru, we specialize in servicing and repairing the JURA Impressa super automatic espresso and coffee machines. The repair turn around is within 2-3 weeks as we carry almost all parts in stock. In the event, it takes longer than 2 weeks to repair, we offer a loaner machine with similar features, as long as owner pays for the inbound and outbound shipping.
Depending on the JURA model, we charge a flat labor rate ranging from $250 to $400 for repairing the JURA Impressa coffee machines. Spare parts needed to fix the machine, and return shipping will be added to the flat labor rate.
The flat labor rate includes the following services:
- Brew group tear down, cleaning, and sanitizing,
- Replace the brew group gaskets and lubricating the o-rings,
- Properly de-calcifying the machine
- Clean out the coffee grinding chamber
JURA Impressa Repair/Clean Up/Tune Up Services
Each JURA espresso machine is thoroughly inspected for all malfunctions and leakages. The seals and o-rings are replaced where necessary. The brew group is refurbished and lubricated. Multiple cycles of descaling process is completed to ensure that machine’s hydraulic system is cleared of calcium sediments, to the best of our ability.
Repair Turnaround Time and Estimation Fee:
Machines are serviced in the order that they are received. Please allow 2-3 weeks to repair your machine from the time of receipt. You will be called with a repair estimate for approval. If the repairs are delayed due to the part that is out of stock, we will call you to keep you apprised of the reason for delay. In the case your machine needs an expensive part such as electronic power board or CPU, we will call you with the prohibitive cost of the part and request your approval for additional cost to proceed with the repair. Should you decide not to replace the expensive part, we can offer you the Trade-In option for one of the better Brands/Model of fully automatic machines that we sell and recommend.
We sell reliable and best in class fully automatic espresso machine that are exclusively imported from Italy. CLICK HERE to view the best in class espresso machines that we sell. Should you decide to not proceed with the Trade-In option, you will be billed $95.00 as the cost for diagnosis plus return shipping charge. Please note, we must receive your approval of repair costs in 30 days after its given to you. Machines left for over 30 days, will be considered abandoned.
Repairs Payment Method:
Once your JURA espresso machine is repaired, our customer service team member will call you with the final repair cost for collecting the payment.
The cost of repair can be paid by MasterCard/Visa/Discover (We do not accept American Express). You may also send payment to our PayPal account (email@example.com).
JURA Espresso Machine Packaging Instructions
2. Tape all seams of the bottom of the box: 3 pieces of tape sealing the center; 1 piece of tape across the top of each side seam; 1 piece of tape along the edge of each side seam.
3. Place a layer of packing peanuts on the bottom of the box.
4. Place a layer of bubble wrap over top the packing peanuts at the bottom of the box.
5. Wrap the entire machine with bubble wrap. Removing the drip tray and wrapping it separately may make this part easier.
6. Place machine in the center of the box, making sure it is not contacting any of the box walls.
7. "Make a box, inside the box": Roll up bubble wrap into "pillars." Place these "pillars" upright on all 4 corners of the box. This will help stabilize the machine in the center of the box.
8. Use "filler" (i.e. packing peanuts) to further stabilize the machine in the center of the box. Stuff the packing peanuts down in between the machine and box walls to create a buffer zone.
9. Tape all seams of the bottom of the box: 3 pieces of tape sealing the center; 1 piece of tape across the top of each side seam; 1 piece of tape along the edge of each side seam.
JURA Capresso Repair Form
When shipping your JURA espresso machine for repairs, please download the repair form below. The repair form is in a PDF format that can be electronically filled out. Please fill out the form, print it out, and place it right on top of the machine inside the box so it can be easily spotted by the technician upon opening the box. Please be as descriptive as possible in describing the malfunctions you are experiencing with your JURA espresso maker. Please email the repair form to our email firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to placing it inside the box.
- Brew Group
- Cleaners & Filters
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Dispensing Spouts
- Drip Tray-Cup Grill-Grounds Box
- Espresso Machines
- Expobar Parts
- Frothers & Milk Hoses
- O-Rings & Gaskets
- Oval Tool-Screws-Clips
- PTFE Tubes & Hoses
- Thermoblock & Sensors
- Water Tank